Oct 9, 2006

still broke. still smiling.

While sharing stories with my family we learned that Great Grandpa used to sign all of his letters "Still Broke. Still Smiling."

Ok, I COMPLETELY get it.
This is exactly how I feel about my life.

What an amazing philosophy! The sentiment expressed with those simple words are just the way we should all strive to live life. It doesn't matter what you have, what matters is what you do with it.

DH and I started our adult lives out together a little younger than most, a little faster than most, a little more intense than most. We have had our share of fun and made our share of mistakes.

But here we are, settling down, getting things together, finding our joy.
We have learned and grown together. We know what we want. We have similar goals and vision. I am excited to see what is around the corner for us. I feel like we are on the cusp of something great.

A lot of that has been in finding contentment in what we have. Thankfulness for what we have instead of envy of what we don't. I feel satisfied, yet I still feel the need to improve.

Now and then I have to stop and remind myself that we live this life for a reason. I hope I can learn from it.

And for now anyways, I'm....
"Still broke. Still smiling."

2 comments:

agent713 said...

I love it!!!
~Heidi

Diana Sioux said...

What a wonderful way of looking at things! I'll have to remember this when I don't feel like smiling quite so much.