Oct 5, 2008

writing exercise

I've come to the conclusion that I need to write more. Not just here, but in general. A surefire way for me to know that things have become clouded or blocked is my ability or inability write. I guess that's why I'm writing here today.... To see if I can.

Fall is descending on us and I have taken the time to stop and admire the beauty of it as much as possible. The views from my windows at work are stunning, and I have really enjoyed watching the amazing displays of color each day. This is of course in sharp contrast to the unending construction that is going on in the area. I have yet to understand exactly what it is they are doing. I know it is related to utilities in some way (water, maybe?) but that's as clear as it gets. Getting to the building has turned into a life-sized game of Frogger and I'm not sure that I'm winning.

My youngest had an accident on Friday and ended up at the ER. She is ok, but it is always so nerve-wracking to see your babies in pain. She seems to require trips to the hospital every six months or so and I hate it. If she makes it to and through her teen years in one piece, it will be a minor miracle.

We just got back from a surprise Disney trip. The kids are the perfect age to enjoy and wonder and marvel in the Disney magic. It was such a great time for all of us. We all got to hit our favorite spots and rides. I wish we were able to take trips like this more often. I think I will make it a goal that we do. My sister and nephew were able to meet us there, which was such a treat. It's a shame that they are so far away and that we can't see each other more often.

Sadly not surprising to me, I am having trouble finding the words.... So that's it for now. I will try to write more soon...

No comments: