Dec 13, 2005

grumble grumble

I haven't written much lately because I haven't really had anything to say. But it's getting to the point that I decided that I better let you all know that I'm still here before you give up on me and stop checking. I'm just here and waiting. And waiting and waiting and waiting. My hands are tied and I hate it. I wish people would hold up their end of things more. It's called responsibility, people. Have some!

The holiday season is here, and I'm into it, but not as much as I have been in the past. It's just not the same this year. I watched "It's a Wonderful Life" on tv the other night. I love that movie. I watch it every year and I never get sick of it. What a great reminder isn't it? It IS a wonderful life. Despite all my bitching and moaning and complaining, things could be so much worse. Right?

The cold weather is here, and I must say that it doesn't thrill me. I hate the cold. I hate the hot too actually. I would just prefer to live somewhere where the weather is mild and beautiful all the time. Maybe I should buy myself a little island somewhere. That'd be nice, wouldn't it?

"Can I please have a snack?"
If one more person asks me that, I think I might go off. The last time I checked, no one needs seven snacks in a day. So stop asking.

I am pretty much done with all of my Christmas shopping. I have one more thing I need to get, and that's it. There is something that I was hoping to make too. We'll see if I can work it in. It shouldn't be too hard, so hopefully I will find the time to get to it. Next comes the wrapping. My schedule hasn't exactly lent itself to some much needed wrapping alone time, but soon I hope. I just need to pull up the wrap, tape, scissors, and a tall glass of eggnog and go to town on it.

Cookies come next. I've been holding off so far, but I think I'll start soon. I'm not planning on as much as I would normally do, but I still like to bake. I wanted to lose another five pounds before then, but I'm not sure I will make it. I've been doing great lately, but I think this week has been a bust. Only the scale can tell for sure.

For those of you who have been waiting- I've seen the movie, I've read the book. So let's discuss.

So, what's going on with you? Drop me a line sometime. Some adult conversation could do me some good. I feel like I am starting to fade out here........

No comments: