May 14, 2009

robbing the place, cracks, blogs, geographical locations and other fun stuff


Welcome to the May 14th version of Thursday Thunks!


This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Kimber, taken over by Berleen, the color carrot orange and the number 94.


1. You are at the store when suddenly 2 men walk in with guns and rob the place. Are you the hero, quiet & follow the rules type, or try to make a run for it?
I have always heard "Give them your purse and save your life." But I think doing nothing would haunt me for a long time. If people organize and work together, they can change the world.

2. Do you like Twizzlers?
I do. But only the yummy red ones. Not those terrible icky black ones. They are a family road trip staple.

3. Are you a YouTube watcher?
As in, do I sit around watching YouTube instead of tv? Uh, no. If someone says, "Hey! Go check out this funny thing on YouTube!" or "OMG - you missed the best skit ever on SNL last night!" or "I LOVE the 90s! Remember Bust-a-Move?" or "You're having a bad day? Go watch that baby laugh for three minutes!" or "Did they re-release the HP6 trailer?" Then, yeah. YouTube baby. Only with purpose.
(Oh, and I have been trying to find that cell phone commercial where the teen girl doesn't have a phone so she calls her friend with her hand... Anyone seen that?)

4. When a auto glass store calls you and asks if you have a chip or crack in your windshield, what do you tell them?
Is this one of those "Is your refrigerator running?" type jokes???

5. What is the age difference between you and your father?
26 years. I had to stop and think. I never know how old my parents are. And I'm starting to be in denial about my own age. So by that math.... 32 years.

6. Have you ever tried to find the end of a rainbow?
I think for a minute as a kid I believed that if I could find it there would be a pot of gold and leprechauns and such. I drew pictures of this all the time. Now I know better. My friend Rachel had a surreal experience where she drove through the end of a rainbow - she says it was incredible.

7. Camping - recreational vehicle or tent?
Tent, baby. But I would not be above a pop-up or RV if one should happen to be supplied to me.

8. Have you ever had to call 9-1-1?
Not that I can recall. ER visits on the other hand... more than I prefer.

9. Who is your favorite blog in the Thursday Thunk bloggers to visit?
I randomly visit a couple whenever I do it. I'm not consistent, thus haven't found one I consistently follow yet. What of you? Suggestions? Who's funny? I like the funny.

10. How long do you think you could live locked in your house on the food that you have on hand right now?
6 weeks, 4 days, and 17 minutes. For real though, probably a while. But it wouldn't be that appetizing after about two weeks when I started just throwing crap together. Fortunately we just picked up produce and milk yesterday. There's plenty of odds and ends in the pantry and freezer. After that, it would be pancakes for awhile. Actually, now that I think about it, probably we could go months before even coming close to dying of starvation.

11. Pepper - shaker or grinder?
Grind it up, baby! ( I think that's the third or forth time I've used the word baby. 'Sup wit dat?)

12. What state (or country if you are not in the US) is 2 states west of you? Pennsylvania. I think. Even with the map RIGHT THERE I didn't bother to squint and check.

13. What color do you believe you look best in?
I don't feel good in anything. I wear too much black. Maybe TEAL?

and once again... next week is Thursday Thunkers Questions... so....

14. What is your question submission for next week?
What is your favorite movie of all time, and why?
(Hope it's not too lame!.... My question, not your favorite movie....baby.)

5 comments:

Kimber said...

Loved your answers! Have a great Thursday. :)

Lisa G said...

Great answers! Have a wonderful Thursday :)

Phoenix said...

I really enjoyed reading your answers and I like your #1 also. I think I would feel really badly if I did nothing either to be honest.

I really love Rainbows and as a child I would try to find the end of each one that I saw. I wish I could have the experience your friend did that would be so awesome! :)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Love the countdown on the food! Very funny. Enjoy your day...

Ralph said...

There aren't adult words to describe my experience with the end of the rainbow - it was something that you dream about and believe as a kid - like Santa. You lose that innocence and accept the disappointments, no santa, no gold, no unicorns....

But I was in the rainbow - at the end - speechless, hopeful, lucky, trusting and innocent for just a minute. Amazing...