Dec 1, 2006

christmas time is here

I LOVE the Christmas season.
I am NOT a fan of winter. I don't like ice, snow, cold, stuffy noses and flus, slush, and all that winter inconvenience.
But Christmas time, I love.

I was discussing this with Steven, and we decided that we most enjoyed the fictitious holiday season on Main St USA where the snow is falling, the store fronts are all decked out for the holiday, people are walking along with packages waving hello to each other, carolers are singing in the town green - you know - postcard Christmas.

I love all that stuff, but I also love the hustle and bustle, the music (I am already listening to it regularly!), everyone scrambling to find the perfect gift, putting together my Christmas cards, decorating my tree, making Christmas cookies, watching all the Christmas specials on tv...

This year is a little different because of where we are living. I won't be going all out like I always do, throwing a splash of Christmas into every nook and cranny. But I still have Christmas spirit. I still love this holiday. I have some great gifts for my family that I think they are going to love. I can't wait to see them open them up. I am working on adding my collection of Christmas tunes onto my IPod so we can sing along as we travel over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house.....

The holidays are here, and I am loving every second of it!!

No comments: