Dec 31, 2011

2011 round up


Here is this year's version of the quiz I have done in the past.......

2007



What books and/or magazines did I read this year?
I read every book in the house during the power outage.  I read The Help, which seemed to be all the rage.  It was good.  Not sure I still get all of the extreme hype, but I enjoyed it.  I also found a book that relates to some things I have been through.  It was like a lightbulb going off.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this year?
Tons of reality garbage.  Obsessed with Real Police Women of..., Hoarders, Intervention, Real Housewives.  Lots of disaster television out there.  I find it all super fascinating.  I always think about how people got to be the way they are.  Most of it stems from the same place.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Gosh - none really stick out in my mind.  I don't think this was a very celebratory kind of year.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I think sometimes the only gift I have to give is myself.  I have received some thoughtful gifts - kind words of thanks and appreciation are my favorite.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
I have been to the hospital more times this year than ever in my life I think.  Pain unlike any pain I have ever experienced in my life.  At the end of my rope I pushed to find answers.  I think I sorta have some now, but we shall see.  I hate being at the doctors' as much as it would take to be well.  It could become my part time job if I let it.  My normal is not normal, and I deserve to feel better than I do I think.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Camping.  Beach.  NYC.  Friday night wine dinners.  Sitting outside and talking.  New Farmington.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this year?
I honestly cannot think of a single new food or restaurant.  Is that strange?

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
A new cat.  A MacBook Pro!  <3  

What were this year's disappointments?
I feel insignificant.  A lot.  I feel lonely.  A lot.  I get let down.  A lot.  My expectations are unrealistic.  For who I am.

What were my accomplishments this year?
I hate this question.  I am not good at recognizing my accomplishments or receiving praise.  I became a foster parent.  I am making a difference for two children who need it.  It came at a cost, but it is the right thing to do.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
I am scared to death.  Of everything.


No comments: