Jan 4, 2007

2006 round-up

What books and/or magazines did I read this year?
I've been reading more of US Weekly than what is necessary.
I read The Lovely Bones, which made me wish I was in a book club just so I could discuss it with somebody. Instead, I made Mom read it and discussed with her.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this year?
Of course, I kept up with an unhealthy amount of reality tv. I got into The Office. Discovered and LOVE Heroes so much that it may fill the void that Alias left. Got Tivo, which has added a whole slew of new crap options for me to peruse.
I just recently saw "The Pursuit of Happyness" with lots of people who make ME happy. (Even if one of them has a foul mouth - you know who you are...) "Little Miss Sunshine" made me laugh so hard my sides hurt. It's on DVD now, check it out.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Me and a good chunk of my friends celebrated milestone birthdays - mostly by pretending we were much younger than we really are (and were usually reminded of this fact the next day - ouch!).
I had a much needed, relaxing, romantic, FUN weekend getaway with my sweet DH for our anniversary.
Actually, we had a lot of special days to celebrate this year.... I won't list them all out here.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
I was given the gift of love and friendship, and am trying to give the same in return.
As for material things, I got a beautiful pair of diamond stud earrings for Christmas. And I hear Santa brought my niece a Nintendo DS and a Nintendo Wii for my kids, but I'm sure I know nothing about that. *wink*

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Most of the concerns I had this year were regarding the health of others.
As for my own, any concerns that I had were unfounded. Nothing like being all worked up over nothing.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
So many things. The one that sticks out the most is our amazing camping trip this summer. We have a big, dynamic, crazy group that seems to come together for the kind of fun that money can't buy.
My Christmas trip home this year was one that can't be adequately described with words. Memorable for so many reasons.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this year?
I had a bit of an addiction to Moe's Southwest Grill there for awhile.
(Ok, I still do.)

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Did I ever tell you about the time that Santa camped outside of a Target in the dead of winter for a stupid video game console? Totally worth it, but never again.

What were this year's disappointments?
There were some major tragedies, but as for disappointments I would have to say that seeing the true nature of others turned out to be a disappointment in many cases. I was also disappointed at the direction that I thought life was going, but was pleasantly surprised to have things turn out differently than I was expecting. Stay the course.

What were my accomplishments this year?
I made better decisions.
I tried to be a better friend, wife, mother, sister, and daughter.
I tried to make a more positive contribution.
I tried to be happier and chose not to let others steal my joy.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
2006 was an extremely challenging year for so many around me. I am fortunate and blessed to have so many blessings showered down upon me, and I hope that things can start turning around for those who were not as fortunate this year. I was given a clean slate and tried to take every bit of advantage of that. My entire life has come together as a result, and I couldn't be happier.

Happy 2007 to you all. May all your dreams be fulfilled in the new year.

No comments: