Oct 19, 2005

christmas is coming

I hate to be the one to say it, but Christmas is coming.
(...the goose is getting fat. Please put a penny in the old man's hat....)

Yeah that's right, I said it. And you know it's true, if not then you are in denial. To be honest, Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love everything about it - the decorating, the cards, spending time with friends and family, the smells, the cookies, the music, the mania...
I love it all.

Where are you with your Christmas shopping?

Most of the time if I see something that suits someone I will buy it, regardless of when, and tuck it away to give to them later. I already have stuff for DH (my darling hubby for those new to my acronyms), my sisters, and for the kids. And then when the time for gift giving rolls around I have forgotten all about it. Or, every time I see something I will buy it, and then when it comes time to wrap gifts I will have five of the same thing. (Hey, if it was a good idea once, it was a good idea five times!) One year it was hair accessories. When I finally got everything together I had literally a pile of barettes, headbands, clips, etc. It was ridiculous! I must have bought them everytime I walked into a store. My DDs (dear daughters) only have one head apiece. I'm not sure how many different barette choices little girls need. Certainly not that many!

Generally speaking though, by Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) I am mostly filling in the gaps in my list and will have almost all of my Christmas shopping done by the end of that weekend.

I am not sure how I always manage to be so organized and so unorganized at the same time.

I already can't remember where I tucked the stuff for my sisters. I'm sure it will turn up.


No comments: