Oct 28, 2005

missing you

What shall I do with all the days and hours
That must be counted ere I see thy face?
How shall I charm the interval that lowers
Between this time and that sweet time of grace?

~Frances Anne Kemble


I am not good at missing you. It's just not my thing. I am inpatient and I like to get my own way. When I am missing you I am not getting what I want. And there is nothing that I want more than you.

Time is my enemy. Mostly it moves too fast as though I am on a carousel that is spinning out of control and I just want it to stop. Other times it is moving so slowly that I become painfully aware of every passing moment. I never seem to find the precious comfort of the happy medium in between.

Right now I am helplessly watching the seconds tick by slowly... slowly... slowly...
One by one until I am not sure whether to scream in frustration or cry at the pain of it all.

The reason it hurts so much to be apart is because our souls are joined. I have never been more cognizant of this connection as I am now.

Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair.
~William Cowper

No comments: