Jun 24, 2010

summertime 2010 thunks

Thursday Thunks: Welcome to Summertime 2010!

The TT questions are brought to you by Bud, the color of Atlantic Ocean and the number 3.

1. It became officially summer on Monday. What's your favorite part of winter?
Holidays - Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Otherwise, I hate winter.

2. What was your worst summer vacation ever?

I so rarely go on vacation, that I don't have the luxury of ever having thought one was bad.  I am always feeling so lucky to be away that I just enjoy it.

3. Kimber's husband just got the dream job that he's hoped for. So a big shout out to her and Anthony! Tell us about the best job that you ever had.
Real job - the last job I had (that I got laid off from, boo).  It was a good combination of my strengths and interests.  Teenie bopper fluff job?  DQ.  Per the owners request - we ate our way through all the blizzard flavors, and then made up our own.  Yum!!

4. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?

Probably everyone.  I provide lots of smack talking fodder.

5. An alien appears and offers you the opportunity to repeat one year of your life. You will still know everything that you know now. He explains that no matter what you do differently, when you are returned to the present nothing will have changed. What year would you pick and why?
1994 would have been the year that I could return to with my current knowledge to change the whole course of my life and still keep all the best parts that are important to me.  If everything is going to stay the same......  I can't seem to pick a single year to live over again.  I would reject the offer.

6. Name three things you have on you at all times. Explain why.

Crackberry.  (They call it that for a reason.  I'm a total addict.)  Lip Gloss.  (I'm dry.)  A book.  (Just in case.)

7. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
Ummmmm............  ???????   Yeah, I don't remember.

8. If you could have everyone in the blogosphere read just one of your posts, which post would you pick and why?
A letter to myself at seventeen.   Please go read and enjoy getting to know me a little.

9. I recently read that the music industry continues to decline at an alarming rate. In the last year it said the sales of Michael Jackson's and The Beatles' music are the only artists who sales continue to climb. The article stated that the two are holding up the industry. Have you bought a CD or mp3 of either artist recently?
Does Beatles Rockband for Wii count?

10. What radio ad right now do you find so annoying that you'd rather have a tooth drilled than hear it again?
Although I always have music going, I usually only listen to the radio in the car, and I station hop.  I can't even think of one commercial that is on right now.

11. Berleen walks into a bar on a hot Minnesota day. At the bar sits a priest, a rabbi and a minister. A ten foot duck walks into the bar right after Berleen. What drink do you think Berleen orders?
Huh.  Lots of irrelevant lead-ins today.  I am going to say she orders a Divine Mallard.  It has Barcadi Limon, Melon Schnapps, Grand Marnier, and Ginger.

12. There is a knock on your door. It can be anyone in the world. Who would you want it to be?
My family - telling me they are moving to the neighborhood.

13. What would be the worst entertainment or sporting that you could be forced to watch?
Golf.  Ick.


Have a great Thursday Everyone!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm going to have to try a Divine Mallard...sounds yummy!

Good answers!

Christy said...

I'm kinda scart to write a letter to myself at 17, not a pretty time in my life! I'm wondering if I should try Thursday thunks........might get me writing a bit more? I'm missing you girl! Are you going to be around in September?