Dec 31, 2008

end of 2008 questionnaire

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Went to Disney World.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
As I mentioned previously, I don't really make them. I am more of a "make up my mind and do it for me on my own schedule" kind of person, and don't really rely on the calendar to tell me when that is going to happen.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I actually can't think of anyone. This blows my mind because there was a bit of a streak going there in the previous years.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
I am happy to report no to this, as we were having a streak with this too prior to 2008.

5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, England, Mexico, China, France, Germany, Japan, .... Oh, you mean NOT at EPCOT? Then just the good ol' US of A.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A fun new car.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 27 - February 6: Disney Trip #1
May 3: Freshies win Platinum
November 4: Presidential Election
September 19 - September 27: Disney Trip #2

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Figuring myself out.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Losing touch with everyone.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Strep throat. Back injury. Nothing I couldn't live through.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A big bag. BB Bold.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
FIL. He made huge, difficult changes.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Sometimes people don't consider me. It doesn't make me appalled, but certainly depressed.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The house, bills, and the trips. There are worse things, for sure.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My new job. Love it!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
Mercy

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Considering I was in the throes of intense PPD then, I'd say I am definitely happier now.
b) thinner or fatter? Unfortunately fatter. Best side effect of PPD? Not eating.
c) richer or poorer? Poorer. Blah.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Connecting.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating. Stressing.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Happily at home with my family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Every day.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Big Bang Theory

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes.

24. What was the best book you read?
The Deathly Hallows. Can you believe it took me until 2008 to get to it???

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
my old skool playlist

26. What did you want and get?
A good haircut and color.

27. What did you want and not get?
New glasses.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I can't even think of one. Guess I haven't seen anything that really stuck with me.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Worked, had dinner out with my family. Low key, but cool. I am 32.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being better understood.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Accessories, accessories, accessories.

32. What kept you sane?
Quality time.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Barack Obama.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Not really any specific issue. Extremists stirred me up a bit though.

35. Who did you miss?
Steven. I don't get my daily fix anymore.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Kelli. She is such a go-with-the-flow girl. I like that quality in a person.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Bring myself to the happiness - nobody will bring it to me.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
All by myself. Don't wanna be. All by myself. Anymore!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: