Feb 12, 2009

puddles, google, college, sugar highs, and whatnot

This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Berleen, the color Cotton Candy Pink and the number 3,333,333,331.


1. You are driving down the road and there is a puddle in the road. A big puddle. Not one that will really wreck your car or anything, but a big puddle. There is no other cars in front of you or behind you - do you drive through the puddle or drive around it?
I would drive through it and make a splash. I mean, why not, right? (FYI - the lack of cars around me did not influence this decision. I would have done it anyway.) :)

2. Go to Google Images, type in any word that comes to mind and post the 1st picture you see.
I overthink. So I forced myself to go to Google Images, and just let my fingers work. I typed fresca. I got this...


3. A college calls you up and says that you have been selected to take get any degree that you want on their dollar.... what do you choose?
Is this before or after I win the UK National lottery? But seriously though - Business. Possibly Management, but maybe Management Information Systems. Or maybe both since I'm not paying.

4. Are you blogging on a laptop or desktop?
Today the laptop. Last time the desktop. It totally depends on what kind of multi-tasking I am doing. The desktop indicates that I am balancing the checkbook, paying bills, working from home, filing, syncing my phone or iPod, while typing up a quick blog post. Laptop means I am either watching tv, someone is playing Wii, I'm ignoring something someone else is watching, or I am laying in bed.

5. Which store, excluding a grocery store, do you shop at most often?
Honestly? Amazon.com. I almost never step foot in a store anymore. I did 99% of the Christmas shopping from my living room.

6. My daughters tried out for the school musical last night. Were you ever in a school play/musical? Which one?
If I wasn't in the show, I was in the pit orchestra. I love theatre. There is a local community theater that puts on shows throughout the year, and I glance at their audition schedule every now and then, but the thought of taking on one more thing in my schedule right now makes me want to gag.

7. I read yesterday that a school PTA group wants to try to ban white bread, cakes, brownies or any other "treat" from their lunch menus... plus make kids' lunchboxes brought from home not include any "junk food". Thoughts on that one?
I'm not sure that they should be serving junk food in school cafeterias, but I don't think they should classify white bread as junk food either. I actually don't even like white bread, but I grew up in the Wonder Bread generation, and so I get it when kids prefer white over wheat. Simply eliminating carbs isn't the solution. I also don't think that what they're serving up is the only thing that will make a difference. I think the exercise component is missing. Get kids up off the couch and outside running around. And don't start policing the lunch they bring in. If they've got funds to pay someone to shake down little kids' lunches, I'd prefer they redirect some of the cash back into funding some education programs on the brink of extinction.

8. How many people can your kitchen table seat?
The way it is set up now - 6. But if we extend the leaf, we can seat 8 comfortably. More if we all want to squeeze in and share the love for the sake of a holiday gathering.

9. What time is it right now?
Midnight. It's funny though - I've been having better success at good sleep. I think tonight is because I had a bit of a stressful evening, which makes it harder for my mind to settle.

10. Walk out the front door of your house/apartment, turn right, walk 2 blocks. What do you see?
I guess Cumberland Farms. Round these parts though, "blocks" are hard to find, and certainly not an accurate description of what happens if you go out my front door, turn right, and start walking.

No comments: