Nov 10, 2008

month of gratitude #10

Today I am grateful for my friend Bridget. She is awesome. For one thing, she puts up with me as a friend. That is not easy, I can assure you. She is one of those people that you can call and say, "Hey Bridget, do you want to ______?" and then no matter what you fill in the blank with - go to a concert, have lunch, scrapbook, go shopping, rock climb, go to the movies, get a pedicure, babysit my kids, go camping, WHATEVER - she answers with "Sure!" I love that. I really love that. She is my "up for anything" friend. She is not afraid to try something new. She doesn't mind doing something old either!

She is my good luck charm. I always win stuff when we are together. (This is only fun for one of us, by the way.) She loves pictures the way I love pictures. She gets my ipod and crackberry addictions because she has them too.

She is funny. I mean really funny. Most of the time I am with her I can't catch my breath and then my sides hurt for a week afterwards from all the laughing. She listens too. I tell her all my vile crap that makes me a bad person. And then she doesn't even tell me I am a bad person! And she totally could, because my filter is completely off when I talk to her.

She knows that when I say stupid things like "OMG - you're not going to CRY, are you???" What I really mean is "I am sorry that you're hurting and he is a stupid jerk not worthy of the ground you walk on. And I pray for you every day."

She makes these cookies.... they are like little pieces of heaven in your mouth. I am picky when it comes to baked goods, but I considered for a brief second leaving my husband to marry these cookies.

We go through periods where we don't see each other enough, and I start to get the shakes a bit from the withdrawal. (Like now!) Then we go through periods when we see each too much - only because it gets expensive, not because I ever get sick of her! She is a total enabler. "Ooh, yeah! Buy that! You neeeeed that." When the receipt is longer than your arm and you are on your third trip to the car, you have been in the mall too long with Bridget.

I tried to coerce her into moving closer to me, but it didn't work out which makes me sad. Probably good for her though, since I would be making her meet me for coffee every ten minutes.

An afternoon with her is like a lifetime of therapy - good for the soul - I am so lucky and blessed to know her and to call her my friend.


Here we are dorking it out at a boy band concert....

No comments: