Nov 22, 2008

month of gratitude #22

It is so ridiculously cold today!! I can't stand it!!

Now that I have that off my chest, let's focus on being grateful. :)

Today was just a really nice day. The girls went to a party with some good friends, and I got to see some friends I haven't run into in a bit there. That was great! We made plans for December, which gives me something to look forward to.

While the kids were at the party, I got to have a date with my husband. It was such a wonderful time! We didn't do anything particularly noteworthy, but we spent time together and enjoyed each other's company. That's really what matters.

Back when we were young and silly and had no money whatsoever, this time of year we would bundle up our little one, and head to the mall. We couldn't really afford to buy anything, but we would walk around and poke around in stores. I love to people watch. We spent a good chunk of time absorbed into the bookstore flipping through the pages. Our first child would sleep through anything when she was being pushed in her stroller. We could stay out with her for hours and hours. We would have lunch or ice cream or a mall cookie or something, and call it a day. Those were good times!

I am grateful that after all these years we still enjoy spending an afternoon together doing nothing as much as we did back then! Those little moments make a life.

No comments: