Nov 3, 2008

month of gratitude #3

Today I am grateful for my sister.

We have certainly had our share of ups and downs over the years, but no matter what I am still grateful for her. She is understated and quiet, yet strong and loud. She is someone that I genuinely enjoy being around. She probably understands me in a way that no one else does, and I bet she could say the same of me.

Yesterday she stood in line almost nine hours for what she believes in. She stood in line to have her voice heard. To have her opinion counted. To have her constitutionally given right TO VOTE.

Tomorrow morning I will go and do the same - and fully expect it to take about a tenth of the time that it took her. Because I have been granted the same right to have MY voice heard too. And that's the beauty of the thing.

So today I am grateful for my sister. And for the reminder of how great she is. And how lucky I am to have her!

No comments: