Nov 8, 2008

month of gratitude #8

Today I am grateful for little girls. Right now there are a gaggle of them upstairs giggling and singing along to the High School Musical soundtrack. I am not sure how a lunch out turned into me getting roped into the mother of all sleepovers at our house, but you know how little girls can be when they start wheeling and dealing and plotting.

When one of the mothers dropped off clothes at our house for her girls, yes girlS, she asked me if I needed her to make a run to the liquor store. Then she looked at me like the fool that I am and took off running before I could change my mind about this whole thing. So had I taken her up on the offer, I would be writing my thankful post about wine right now. :)

But I really am thankful for little girls. It's how I grew up and what I've always known. They giggle and play and gossip and twirl and light up the whole house. What a blessing it is to have a houseful of happy little girls right now.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

And I bet they're a lot quieter than my house full of "little" boys! I too am the mom that ends up with all the "extras" & for the most part, I love it. Hopefully you got at least a little sleep last night!